Saturday, October 23, 2010

Papers From The Not So Distant Past

Today, it’s about paper from the not so distant past.  It seems wherever I go, I can’t leave without a postcard, a box of note cards, even gift tags.  They make great souvenirs and I can’t resist them.  Many of them come from museums, an inexpensive way to own art. My favorites might be the handmade cards I bought from a lady at our local high school craft fair.  Sometimes I have a recipient in mind and these mementos are sent out right away.  Usually, I admire them for a few days before adding them to my previously found treasure.  They’re filed in a box, in no particular order until the day I need a thank you card or the mad urge to communicate via snail mail comes upon me.  I admit this happens less often than it did before I could communicate with anyone at the drop of a hat  by email, cell,  and more recently, Facebook.                                     
                                          
The mad urge has struck! I know it’s old fashioned but this week, if I have a mailing address for you, you’re getting a handwritten hello.  Write back soon. 

                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment